National Seminars for Elementary and Secondary English Teachers
DepEd ADVISORY No. 329, s. 2011 In compliance with DepED Order No. 39, s. 2009 this advisory is issued for the information of DepEd officials and personnel (visit DepEd website at www.deped.gov.ph) July 14, 2011
NATIONAL SEMINARS FOR ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY ENGLISH TEACHERS
The International English Learners Training Institute, Inc. (IELTI), will conduct the National Seminars for Elementary and Secondary English Teachers in Tarlac City.
The first seminar will be held on September 8-10, 2011 at the San Isidro Transients’ Home Pavillion, San Isidro, Tarlac City. It aims to:
1. help the participants become more capable and more confident to teach English in multiple contexts;
2. make them appreciate literature by using various critical reading theories;
3. demonstrate to them the different techniques in teaching English; and
4. enable them to be more comfortable and enthusiastic with collaborative learning.
The second seminar will deal on the preparation of learning modules for literacy appreciation and ESL teaching. This will be held on November 24-26, 2011 in Tarlac City. It aims to:
1. enable the participants to identify the theories and principles of materials design;
2. help them develop and evaluate instructional materials; and
3. assist them prepare learning modules for literary appreciation and ESL teaching.
The participants to this activity are school principals, administrators and English teachers from both public and private schools nationwide.
For more information, contact the IELTI at San Isidro Transient’s Home Pavillion, San Isidro, Tarlac City at telephone nos.: (045) 495-9725; mobile phone nos.: 0929-137-1689; 0933-565-9595 or send a message through e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sally/MCR-DA-national seminar on elem. and sec. English teachers July 11, 2011