First National Conference in Teaching and Testing English and Literature
DepEd Advisory No. 299. s. 2011 In compliance with DepED Order No. 39, s. 2009 This advisory is issued for the information of DepEd officials and personnel (visit DepEd website at www.deped.gov.ph) June 27, 2011
FIRST NATIONAL CONFERENCE IN TEACHING AND TESTING ENGLISH AND LITERATURE
The Rubix Media Endless Possibilities Corporation and the Philippine Association of English Language, Linguistics, and Literature Teachers (PAELLLT) will conduct the First National Conference in Teaching and Testing English and Literature on October 10-12, 2011 at the Function Halls 1, 2 and 5 of the SMX Convention Center, Pasay City.
The conference aims to:
1. introduce a new paradigm in teaching the English Language and Literature in the classroom;
2. present the benefits of Multiple Intelligences (Mis); and
3. show how Mis can be applied in the classroom.
The topics to be discussed in the conference are the following:
1. The Mis theory and its Philippine Setting Adaptation;
2. Innovative Approaches in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL): A Revisit;
3. Learning Styles and Mis;
4. Maximizing Mis in the English Language Teaching (ELT) Classroom;
5. Mis in Practice (Hands-on Learning Experience);
6. Practical Application of Mis in the Elementary and Secondary Levels;
7. Teaching Demonstrations (Mis in ELT Classroom in the Elementary, Secondary and Tertiary Levels);
8. Integrating Mis in Teaching and Testing Literature; and
9. Sharing the Benefits of the Mis Approach for Kids.
The participants to this activity are teachers of English, Language and Literature in all levels from both public and private schools/institutions.
A registration fee of Five Thousand Five Hundred Pesos (PhP5,500.00) will be charged to each participant.
For more information, visit Ms. Reigna Auda Bejar, President, Rubix Media Corp. or Mr. Roger Don SJ. Cerda, President, PAELLLT at C 1035-36 Victoria Towers Condominium, Timog Avenue, Quezon City or contact telephone no.: (02) 709- 5162 or mobile phone no.: (0917) 858 0312 or send a message through e-mail address: marketing@rabixmedia. com, ph.
Rhea/DA- 1st NatT Conf. In Teaching and Testing Eng. June 22, 2011