21st Annual PSEP Convention
DepEd Advisory No. 394, s. 2011 In compliance with DepED Order No. 39, s. 2009 This advisory is issued for the information of DepEd officials and personnel (visit DepEd website at www.deped.gov.ph) August 12, 2011
2 1st ANNUAL NATIONAL CONVENTION OF THE PAMBANSANG SAMAHAN PARA SA EDUKASYON SA PAGPAPAHALAGA (PSEP)
The Pambansang Samahan para sa Edukasyon sa Pagpapahalaga (PSEP), Inc. will hold its 21st Annual National Convention with the theme “Pagpapatibay ng Ating Gampanin sa Edukasyong Pagpapahalaga (EP) Bilang Bahagi ng K to 12 Kurikulum” on November 25-27, 2011 at the Hotel Stotsenberg, Clark, Pampanga.
The convention aims to:
1. provide the participants with essential information about the K to 12 Curriculum and the new Values Education (VE) Curriculum as one of its important components;
2. enhance the VE educators’ knowledge and competencies in teaching the key themes of the new VE Curriculum;
3. provide them a forum for the discussion of important issues and concerns which relate to the teaching of VE;
4. enhance the students’ leadership values and skills; and
5. encourage the students’ creative talents through their participation in the various contests and activities.
One of the highlights of the convention will be the awarding of winners for the 8th Tagis Talino and Sayawit and the Poster-Making Competitions and the 2011 awardees for the Search for Outstanding School-Based VE Program, Outstanding Values Educator, Outstanding Division Supervisor and Model KPSEP Organization.
The participants to this acivity are students, teachers, counselors, principals, supervisors and other helping professionals from both public and private schools nationwide.
For more information, visit the Secretariat Office at the Department of Behavioral Sciences, Values Education Program, Room 309 A, 3rd Floor Main Building, Philippine Normal University (PNU), Taft Avenue, Manila or contact this Office at telefax nos.: (02) 527-0382 or (02) 527-0373.
Rhea/ DA-PSEP Natl Convention August 10, 2011