DepEd ORDER No. 43, s. 2010
MAY 11, 2010
CREATION OF THE NATIONAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT TEAM (QMT)
Assistant Secretaries Bureau Directors
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units Regional Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
1. As part of the educational reforms being pursued under the Basic Education Sector Reform Agenda (BESRA), the Technical Working Group (TWG) for Quality Assurance and Assessment (QAA) Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) has prepared the Quality Management System (QMS) designed to raise the quality of education services provided at the national, region, division, district and school levels. The system seeks to contribute to the attainment of functional literacy for all.
2. The establishment of QMS in this Department is in line with Administrative Order No. 161, “Institutionalizing Quality Management System in Governance, amended through Executive Order No. 605, “Institutionalizing the Structure, Mechanisms and Standards to Implement the Government Quality Management Program”. Said Orders aim to:
a. direct all government agencies and government-owned and/or controlled
corporations to implement and institutionalize a national quality
management system, as a strategy to promote transparency and
accountability in governance;
b. provide a framework for assessing quality system performance;
c. establish public service quality standards; and
d. recognize quality excellence among the government organizations.
3. As a major strategy in the institutionalization of the QMS in the Department, the
TWG for QAA/M&E adopted a Modeling Approach which will also provide the TWG with
critical inputs and experiences in assuring a quality and responsive system on quality
assurance and monitoring and evaluation. The TWG selected the following six (6) regions,
eighteen (18) divisions and more than 4,000 elementary and secondary schools in these
divisions to participate in the modeling process:
|Region I||Region V||Region VI||Region X||ARMM||. Region XII|
|Vigan City||Naga||Aklan||Tangub||Marawi City||Tacurong City|
|Pangasinan I||Masbate||Passi City||Oroquieta||Lanao del Sur II||North Cotabato|
|San Carlos City||Legaspi||Cadiz City||Lanao del Norte||Maguindanao||Sarangani|
4. The Bureaus of Elementary (BEE) and Secondary Education (BSE) have implemented the Accreditation Program for Public Elementary Schools (APPES) and the Sterling Silver as quality assurance systems in elementary and secondary schools. The QMS will not, in any way, impede on-going efforts towards accreditation in both elementary and secondary levels. Thus, schools shall continue their pursuit towards the accreditation level they have applied for.
5. This school year 2009-2010, the QMS modeling process focuses on School-Based Management (SBM) as the core element and quality planning as the core process at the school level up to national level. As a support mechanism to this approach, Quality Management Teams (QMTs) shall be organized at various governance levels of DepEd. The QMT at the national level shall be composed of at least two (2) middle-level staff from each bureau/service/center to provide technical assistance to the regions in the following areas:
a. Setting-up the QMS in the regional level;
b. Building the capacity of the QMT of the regions; and
c. Mainstreaming the QMS at all DepEd units (Quality Planning, Quality
Assurance and Quality Control).
6. To be referred to as National Quality Management Team (NQMT), members to be appointed should possess the following knowledge, skills and attitudes (KSAs): (a) Core competencies on planning, monitoring and evaluation, and implementation of programs/projects, (b) skills in leadership, teamwork, facilitation, communication, feedback, and technical writing, and (c) computer proficiency.
7. Furthermore, as NQMT, members will be expected to work with various QMT members in the regions, those who shall be designated by their respective offices should be task and output-oriented, and willing to work under pressure in extreme, difficult-to-reach areas. Once nominated, selected representatives will be considered permanent NQMT members who, apart from being recipients of various capability building program on QAA and M&E, will be involved in QAAS-related initiatives at the national, regional and divisional levels.
8. The names of the staff shall be submitted to the TWG for QAA/M&E Secretariat on or before May 15, 2010.
9. For inquiries and submission of appointees, please contact Ms. Lotus Postrado or Ms. Aileen Leigh Ong, QAA/M&E TWG Secretariat at tel. no.: (02) 635-3763/633-7256.
10. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS & OFFICES
Madel:Creation QMT 4-22-10
Categories: Orders Tags: