DepEd MEMORANDUM No.471, s. 2010
NOV 0 3 2010
AN ALS FAIR TO REMEMBER (Introducing Informal Education, ALS Trends and ALS Policies)
To: Bureau Directors
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units Regional Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools All Others Concerned
1. The Philippine Association of Nonformal Educators, Inc. (PANFEI), in collaboration with the Bureau of Alternative Learning System (BALS) will hold the National Conference for Nonformal Educators with the theme “An ALS Fair to Remember,” Introducing Informal Education, ALS Trends and ALS Policies, at the Teachers Camp, Baguio City on December 12-16, 2010.
2. The national conference aims to:
a. disseminate Alternative Learning System (ALS) policies and
standards developed within the context of BESRA;
b. share and recognize best practices in Nonformal Education
(NfED) and Informal Education (InfED) that exemplify its
philosophy and principles; and
c. promote better understanding and appreciation of the ALS
policies, standards, and practices as its contributions to the
attainment of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and
the Education For All (EFA) goals.
3. Participants to this conference are the following:
■ Bureau, Center and Regional Directors
■ Schools Division/City Superintendents
■ Bureau, Regional Chiefs (Elementary, Secondary, ALS)
■ Education Supervisors (Elementary, Secondary, ALS)
■ Public Schools District Supervisors
■ School Heads/Principals (Elementary and Secondary, Private and Public)
■ Teachers (ALS Mobile Teachers, District ALS Coordinators)
■ Planning and Finance Officers
b. Non-DepEd Partners, Implementors
■ AGAP, Peer Educators, Instructional Managers, Facilitators
■ Local Government Officials
■ Service Providers
■ Other Government Organizations (GOs)/Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) Partners
4. The registration fee of Six Thousand Pesos (PhP6,000.00) will be charged to each participant to cover the cost of board and lodging, speakers’ honoraria, kits, handouts, supplies and materials. The registration fee shall be paid during the conference to the PANFEI as the overall manager and initiator of the conference.
5. Attendance to the said national conference will be on official business.
Participants are expected to register on December 12, 2010. The first meal will be dinner on December 12 and the last meal will be breakfast on December 16, 2010.
6. Individual expenses of DepEd participants such as transportation and registration fee and other incidental expenses shall be charged against local funds subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations. Non-DepEd participants shall use their own private or agency funds.
7. Enclosed is the Tentative Program of Activities.
8. For more information, please contact the ALS Division Chiefs in the Regional Offices and the BALS Office at telephone numbers: (02) 635-5188; (02) 635-4694; or (02) 635-5193.
9. Immediate and wide dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
DepED Memorandum: No. 199, s. 2009
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
ALTERNATIVE LEARNING SYSTEM
Categories: Memos Tags: